PMWC 2018 Silicon Valley Conference
A deep dive into every aspect of precision medicine
Leading institutions will share their experiences on how to implement new clinical practices – to make precision medicine the standard for all constituents.
At PMWC 2018 Silicon Valley you'll learn about:
- AI/machine learning
- Big data solutions
- Cancer care advancements
- Clinical enablement
- CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing tool
- Emerging technology & innovations
- Genomic data analysis
- Government initiatives (including the All of Us Research Program)
- Liquid biopsy applications
- Mobile health
- Next-generation sequencing
January 22-24 may just end up being your most productive three days of 2018!
PMWC 2018 Silicon Valley is for professionals exploring the forefront of Precision Medicine:
We have 16 sessions planned that address the aspects of genomic data analysis, including:
- Clinical applications including ctDNA analysis
- Extracting knowledge to drive discovery
- Developing rare disease diagnostics and therapeutics
- Employing automated literature analysis
- AI/machine learning
- Delivering reports that translate into clinical actions
Eric Schadt (Sema4), Christa Lese Martin (Geisinger), Aris Baras (Regeneron Genetics Center), Kenneth Pienta (Johns Hopkins Univeristy School of Medicine), and Lincoln Nadauld (Intermountain Healthcare)
Two Showcases, featuring more than 35 companies:
Genomic Profiling – commercial advancements and innovations of new methods and instruments for DNA/RNA sequencing
Clinical Dx – commercial advancements in expedited, cost-effective, and accurate clinical diagnosis
Immunotherapy / Cancer Care
We have 15 sessions planned that discuss cell-based immunotherapies, including:
- New immunotherapy strategies
- Targeting the tumor microenvironment
- Challenges in patient companion diagnostics
- Marrying a drug with a diagnostic
- Bringing the next generation
- Bringing IO biomarkers to the clinic
- Cancer vaccines to boost the immune system
- Total cost of IO care
- Immunotherapy IP protection
- New strategies for molecular diagnostic oncology testing
- How the molecular tumor board is operating
- New strategies for improving patient survivorship
- Role of radiation therapy in cancer care
- AI's impact on cancer care
Ira Mellman (Genentech), Stephen Kingsmore (Rady Children’s Institute for Genomic Medicine), Jeffrey Bluestone (Parker Institute), Lawrence Fong (UCSF), Jennifer Wargo (MD Anderson), Alexander Baras (John Hopkins Hospital), Marty Tenebaum (Cancer Commons), Lincoln Nadauld (Intermountain Healthcare), and Quynh-Thu Le (Stanford Health Care)
IO Showcase, featuring more than 35 companies: the latest technologies in cell-based immunotherapies, cancer vaccines, patient selection processes, and more
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
We have 9 sessions planned that address how AI will cure cancer, including:
- Requirements for a scalable AI/machine learning systems framework
- AI expedition of patient diagnosis
- Impact of AI in pre-clinical and clinical drug discovery and development process
- Challenges and rewards of bringing AI to the clinic for health and disease management
Atul Butte (UCSF), Chris Cournoyer (N-of-One), Diane Wuest (GNS Healthcare), Alex Zhavoronkov (Insilico Medicine), Jessica Mega (Verily), Jurgi Camplong (Sophia Genetics), Adams Dudley (UCSF), Peter Donnelly (Welcome Trust), Mark Kiel (Genomenon), Thomas Wilckens (InnVentis), and Eric Lefkofsky (Tempus)
AI and Data Science Showcase, featuring more than 50 companies: the latest innovations in pre-clinical and clinical drug discovery, patient diagnosis and treatment, and scalable systems frameworks
- Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn (Salk Institute)
- Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier (Max Planck Institute)
- Sir John Bell (Oxford University
- Dr. Ron Levy (Stanford University)
- Dr. Alan Ashworth (UCSF)
Find the complete list of exhibiting companies on our website.
These are exiting times in Genomic Health and Precision Medicine – revolutionizing our approach to research, health, and healthcare.
We are honored to be witnesses to these breathtaking developments.
The 14th Precision Medicine World Conference (PMWC) will take place at the University of Michigan on June 6-7, 2018. This conference coincides with University of Michigan’s launch of a new Precision Health research initiative that integrates U of M’s strengths in Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, and Public Health. This initiative combines biomedical expertise, big data, and the social sciences enabling a comprehensive approach to providing patients with tailored health solutions.
To support the University of Michigan’s goal to bring together leading researchers from across the university and the country to springboard this new and exciting research initiative, PMWC and U-M have agreed that the campus is an optimal location for the next conference. This forum will showcase practical content that helps close the knowledge gap among different sectors, thereby catalyzing cross-functional fertilization and collaboration to benefit both University of Michigan and PMWC attendees.
The program will feature innovative technologies, and analyze the success of already thriving initiatives and clinical case studies that enable the translation of precision medicine into direct improvements in health care. Conference attendees will have an opportunity to learn first-hand about the latest developments and advances in precision medicine and cutting-edge strategies and solutions that are fundamentally changing how patients are treated. This is reflected in the Program Theme: “Big Data in Action: Insights in the Clinic”.
- Two Track Program will showcase sessions on the latest advancements in precision medicine which include, but are not limited to: Transforming Big Data Into Actionable Information, Personalized Modeling of P4 Health, Emerging Technologies in Precision Medicine, The Economic and Socio-political Aspects of Precision Medicine, Precision Cancer Therapy, Session Scalable Infrastructure/Platforms to Power NGS for the Clinic, Genomic Data and Precision Health, Challenges and Barriers at the Community Setting, Opioid Precision Health, Pharmacogenomics Today and Tomorrow.
- A lineup of 100+ highly regarded speakers featuring pioneering researchers and authorities across the healthcare and biotechnology sectors – browse select PMWC 2018 SV recorded talks
- Luminary and Pioneer Awards, honoring individuals who contributed, and continue to contribute, to the field of Precision Medicine
- 500+ multidisciplinary attendees, from across the entire spectrum of healthcare, representing different types of companies, technologies, and medical centers with leadership roles in precision medicine
- Track 2-PMWC 2018 Michigan Showcase, enable 15-minute company presentations on latest novel technologies. See past PMWC Showcase presenters. Nominate here or apply to present here.
Confirmed thought leaders include: